Why it’s important
The sooner we get a working product or service into the hands of users, the sooner we can iterate, provide real value, and improve the service based on user feedback. Test with users and gather feedback regularly to reduce the risk of delivering the wrong thing. Deliver value incrementally and frequently.
What to consider
- Have you determined what you can deliver that delivers customer value, otherwise known as a minimum viable product (MVP)?
- How do you collect user feedback and support requests?
- Do you have enough staff to keep improving the service?
- Are you tracking bugs and feature requests?
Put this principle into action
In the early stages,
- Focus on improvements that have the most value
- Ensure the individuals designing and developing the service communicate closely and regularly
- As you progress:
- As the development of the service evolves,