Based on efforts to date and initial input from campus partners, the Interoperability team completed and reported recommendations for shorter-term efforts as well as mid- to long-term projects.
Jan-Jun 2019: Discovery & Design
- Identified areas of opportunity for improving process, procedure, and infrastructure during several design sprints held with full Interop Team and University partners
- Initial architectural designs for technology infrastructure components developed through analysis of current state
- Initiative timeline and budget finalized with executive sponsor approval to start detailed planning
Jul-Sep 2019: Planning & Iteration
• Program Kickoff event held with campus partners
• Review and feedback sessions with UW community members to assess needs
• Initial infrastructure and functional designs refined and validated through research and discussion with peers and other outside partners (e.g.: BYU, Gartner, Unicon, CPrime)
Oct 2019-Jun 2020: Procurement
- Procurement processes (RFI and RFP) completed with participation from the Interop team and University partners
- Key software products procured to facilitate improvements in user experience, data integration, and onboarding to new services and resources
- Implementation partners secured to assist staff with deploying new software
May-Dec 2020: Implementation Phase 1
• Integration Platform service launched using Informatica Intelligent Cloud Services (IICS)
• Onboarding to new Integration Platform
• Software implementations begin with midPoint, Grouper, and Salesforce Experience Cloud
• Close collaboration with Office of Data Management and Analytic Services (ODMAS) on access, sharing, and use of institutional data
Jan-Dec 2021: Implementation Phase 2
- “Integrator Portal” website release (integrator portal is a way to access, use, and share data at UW-Madison)
- Integration Platform Service buildout to include API and event-based management capabilities (Apigee software)
Jan 2022-Jun 2022: Refinement, Onboarding
• “Profile” digital experience release (profile is a personalized self-service experience that helps users to view and interact with key credentials, personal data, and processes)
• Facilitated rollout of new services and functionality to University Partners
Get updates in your inbox
Join the Interop mail list for updates on progress and outcomes. Click the button below to send a blank email, then reply to the confirmation email that you receive from Google Groups.
Share your thoughts
Have feedback for the Interoperability Team?
For campus developers
The Distributed Developers Community of Practice MS Team has an Interoperability Initiative channel. We’re in this together—we need and want your input.