Based on efforts to date and initial input from campus partners, the Interoperability team completed and reported recommendations for shorter-term efforts as well as mid- to long-term projects. With funding approved, work began late in FY2019.
The completion of the initial planning phases culminated in the development of the Interoperability Transformation Initiative Roadmap. This document was presented to the initiative executive sponsors as a recommended course of action and has been approved. The initiative team will follow this document during the implementation phases.
Jan-Jun 2019: Discovery & Preparation
• Refine standards, frameworks
• Identify business domains
• Define deployment/pipeline infrastructure strategy
Jul-Sep 2019: Planning & Roadmap Development
• Discussions and needs assessment with the UW community
• Product assessment and vendor discussions
• Proofs of concept
• Research and validation with outside partners and material (e.g. Unicon, CPrime, Gartner)
Oct 2019-Jun 2022: Implementation & Enhancement
• Implement minimally viable products (MVPs)
• Initiate RFI and/or RFP for capabilities and requirements
• Model domains and data
• Enhance existing EBOs and create additional EBOs
• Build guided integration experience MVP
• Develop role-based access API MVP
• Deploy profile & login processes
• Build & deploy self-registration process
Get updates in your inbox
Join the Interop mail list for updates on progress and outcomes. Click the button below to send a blank email, then reply to the confirmation email that you receive from Google Groups.
Share your thoughts
Have feedback for the Interoperability Team?
For campus developers
The Distributed Developers Community of Practice MS Team has an Interoperability Initiative channel. We’re in this together—we need and want your input.